So a couple of weeks ago, a box of fabric arrived in the post…
- A polyester stretch lace with a dark green leafy print, as used in the JORGINE wrap dress
- A dark purple, very sheer silk chiffon, which was used for the *gorgeous* INGA dress
- An embroidered, sheer-ish pale pink and white silk, as used in the ADA top
- A coral, acetate/viscose mix crepe, originally used for the LIV slip dress.
There’s between 2 and 3m of each one, and MARGE also included plenty of delicious Bemberg rayon lining in ivory and black.
The guidelines for the challenge are:
- Each of the four tall ladies (the other three are Allison, Beth and Tiffany) must make a summer dress
- We have to use at least two of the four fashion fabrics.
Clearly time for a rummage through my pattern library and Pinterest for some inspiration!
So many possibilities, and I expect I’ll probably change my mind about eleventy billion times between now and the next stage. I think the trickiest part for me is the idea of combining two fabrics. I don’t often colour-block or use multiple fabrics in the same make, so it’ll be good to expand my horizons.
So (or should that be ‘sew’?), what would you make? Which two fabrics do you think would combine most successfully?
Other posts about #sewtallandcreative2017